MAHICOAT “ L 30D
(Enteric coating material - Aqueous Acrylic Resin dispersion)
MAHICOAT-L 30D is an aqueous dispersion of an anionic copolymer based on Methacrylic acid. The polymer corresponds to USP/NF "Methacrylic Acid Copolymer Dispersion".
It is soluble in a neutral to weakly alkaline milieu by forming salts with alkalis, thus affording ENTERIC film coating which are soluble in intestinal juice.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE PRODUCT:
From in which supplied aqueous dispersion containing no plasticizers.
- Appearance : A milky white liquid of low viscosity.
- Odour : Weakly sour.
- Dry substance: 30% dry substance.
- Viscosity : at 20` c 7- 14 maps.
- PH : 2 “ 3.
Coating of tablets and pills (Colorless and transparent: colored with pigments)
Coating of pellets, granules, powders.
- For resistance to gastric juice with delayed drug release in the intestine when thicker layers are applied.
- To isolate porous cores.
- For the production of film coatings for lozenges and troches.
- For special purpose the dispersion can also be mixed with water miscible organic solvents.
- To improve self-protection against moisture, light and air coatings stable under tropical conditions.
- To improve self life Coating of pellets, granules, powders. For isolation of incompatible ingredients.